1. Morbid Angel - Chapel of Ghouls 5:00
2. Repulsion - Radiation Sickness 2:07
3. Carcass - Exhume to Consume 4:21
4. Godflesh - Streetcleaner 6:03
5. Terrorizer - Dead Shall Rise 3:04
6. Hellbastard - Justly Executed 4:12
7. Carnage - Malignant Epitaph 3:15
8. Naked City - Osaka Bondage 1:17
9. Filthy Christians - Extremely Bad Breath 0:51
10. Old Lady Drivers - Colostomy Grab-Bag 3:33
11. Intense Degree - I've Got a Cure 2:08
12. Sore Throat - Horrendify and Kill 0:23
13. Napalm Death - Malicious Intent 3:26
14. Entombed - But Life Goes On 2:57
15. Nocturnus - BC/AD 4:57
16. Bolt Thrower - World Eater 4:52
17. Lawnmower Deth - Satan's Trampoline 3:03
18. Cadaver - Hypertrophian 2:33
19. Sweet Tooth - Fat City 4:15
20. Mighty Force - Thrashing a Dead House 4:09
21. Spazztic Blurr - He-Not-A-Home-Me-Marco 3:24
22. Heresy - Release 1:11
23. Unseen Terror - Divisions 1:53
24. Napalm Death - You Suffer 0:04
Total Playing Time: 01:13
I thought I would make my first post coincide with my first CD purchase ever. The Grindcrusher Various Artists compilation released by Earache/Combat in 1990. I bought this when I was 11 years old in summer of 1992 at a little used record/book store in Santa Cruz California called Logos. I went there looking for Napalm Death and found the next best thing, or maybe even better. A compilation with all the greatest Earache bands at the time (or ever). Here you will find the most known bands including Morbid Angel, Repulsion, Carcass, Bolt Thrower, Entombed and of course Napalm Death with more obscure bands such as Sore Throat, Naked City, Sweet Tooth, Spazztic Blurr, Mighty Force and Hellbastard. This was a treasure trove of underground Death Metal, Grind and even Noise and Electronic back then, which were completely new to me at the time. Grind Crusher was eventually re-released in a hacked up form with most of the rarer tracks cut off, but this is the original complete version. Enjoy!
I originally started this blog with the intent to create an archive of New Orleans/Louisiana based bands demo's, EP's, full lengths and live recordings. My primary focus was to feature a little bit of everything going on in this great city. There are many bands past and present that have never gotten the recognition that they (in my opinion) truly deserved.
So I figured why not start converting all these demo tapes and etc. and share them with the world? But as I kicked the idea around on a few message boards and with friends, I decided to not just limit the page to Louisiana.
So here you will find artists from all across the globe, some may be well known, others may not. Here at Nola 504 and More, the Krewe and myself all have very unique musical tastes, which I think helps our page really stand out.
Yes, we may feature a lot of metal, but we also have punk, country, jazz, rockabilly, etc. Musical "gumbo" so to speak; meaning a little bit of everything. So, if you are/were in a band from Louisiana, or anywhere else in the world, and care to share it with the rest of the world, drop one of us an email. We'd love to check it out!