Saturday, March 20, 2010

Earth - HEX: Or Printing in the Infernal Method (2005)

Genres: Drone, Psychedelic Rock
Origin: United States of America (Olympia, Washington)
Formed In: 1990
Label: Southern Lord
Status: Active
File: 107 Mb (320kbps)

Current line-up:
Dylan Carlson - Guitars
Don McGreevy - Bass
Adrienne Davies - Drums

Tracklist:
1. Mirage 01:45
2. Land of Some Other Order 07:19
3. The Dire and Ever Circling Wolves 07:34
4. Left in the Desert 01:13
5. Lens of Unrectified Night 07:56
6. An Inquest Concerning Teeth 05:16
7. Raiford (The Felon Wind) 07:21
8. The Dry Lake 03:21
9. Tethered to the Polestar 04:42
Total playing time 46:27

Wow, this album is almost like a miracle. The whole thing just reminds me of slowed down versions of spaghetti western music and the atmosphere just engulfs you with a thick lazy haze. Trust me, you'll find this release interesting and beautiful.

HEX: Or Printing in the Infernal Method

6 comments:

  1. *Trombone*!?! Ohshit, I gotta hear this!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I don't think there's a trombone on this album, but if there was, Steve would be the one to play it. I just listed the last known lineup of the band and I couldn't find the exact one for this album. It's funny because I just knew someone would mention that

    ReplyDelete
  3. I changed it to reflect what I think was the lineup on this album, but I really don't know for sure. If there's an error, let me know and I'll fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Epic release. These guys are always on point.

    ReplyDelete

Love It? Hate It? Let us know!