Origin: Rochester, New York
Genre: Experimental, No Wave, Noise Rock
File: Cd 1: 109 Mb (320kbps) Cd 2: 104 Mb (320kbps)
1. Death Valley '69 (Lydia Lunch, Sonic Youth)
2. Endless Fall (Rowland Howard, Lydia Lunch)
3. Why Don't We Do It in the Road? (Lydia Lunch, Clint Ruin)
4. Some Velvet Morning (Rowland Howard, Lydia Lunch)
5. Four Cornered Room (Lydia Lunch)
6. Suicide Ocean (Karl Blake, Lydia Lunch)
7. No Excuse (Lydia Lunch, Lee Ranaldo)
8. Short History of Decay, Pts. 1 & 2 (J. Budenholzer, J.F. Coleman, Lydia Lunch)
9. Escape (Joseph Budenholzer, Lydia Lunch)
10. Quiet Night of Murder in Greenwich, Connecticut (Lydia Lunch)
11. The Need to Feed (Joseph Budenholzer, Lydia Lunch)
12. Der Karibische Western (Die Haut, Lydia Lunch)
1. Twisted (Lydia Lunch, Clint Ruin)
2. Past Glas (Lydia Lunch, Clint Ruin)
3. Done Dun (Rowland Howard, Lydia Lunch)
4. Lock Your Door (Lydia Lunch)
5. Diddy Wah Diddy (8 Eyed Spy, Lydia Lunch)
6. Run Through the Jungle (8 Eyed Spy, Lydia Lunch)
7. Orphans (Lydia Lunch, Teenage Jesus & the Jerks)
8. Son of Stink (Lydia Lunch, Clint Ruin)
9. Still Burning (Lydia Lunch, Thurston Moore)
10. Tornado Warnings (Beirut Slump, Lydia Lunch)
11. Lady Scarface (Lydia Lunch)
Lydia Lunch has colloborated with tons of people and her discography is a nightmare to sort through, so this compilation really comes in handy. If you've never checked out Lydia before, this is a great start for you. The music here is mostly all incredible. Some of the songs you are just gonna shake your head and go "wow". I love this stuff, and I hope you enjoy it.
I originally started this blog with the intent to create an archive of New Orleans/Louisiana based bands demo's, EP's, full lengths and live recordings. My primary focus was to feature a little bit of everything going on in this great city. There are many bands past and present that have never gotten the recognition that they (in my opinion) truly deserved.
So I figured why not start converting all these demo tapes and etc. and share them with the world? But as I kicked the idea around on a few message boards and with friends, I decided to not just limit the page to Louisiana.
So here you will find artists from all across the globe, some may be well known, others may not. Here at Nola 504 and More, the Krewe and myself all have very unique musical tastes, which I think helps our page really stand out.
Yes, we may feature a lot of metal, but we also have punk, country, jazz, rockabilly, etc. Musical "gumbo" so to speak; meaning a little bit of everything. So, if you are/were in a band from Louisiana, or anywhere else in the world, and care to share it with the rest of the world, drop one of us an email. We'd love to check it out!