Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tonight, July 31st!





Peen and Mikes Birthday Slaughter Extravaganza featuring:

Aquaforce, Dazein, OMEAN, and Dingle and Jesse.

5 BUCKS @ 9

I'll be attending tonight so, Holla Holla! Buy me some beer!!!


ALSO TONIGHT:



Tonight @ The City Club in Houma, LA

Love & War Records and LILLIAN AXE welcome Ronny Munroe as the new voice of Lillian Axe. As of August 1st, Ronny Munroe, formerly the lead vocalist of METAL CHURCH, will join Lillian Axe as a fulltime member replacing departing vocalist Derrick LeFevre as lead vocalist of Lillian Axe.

A press release reads as follows:

The members of Lillian Axe wish Derrick LeFevre nothing but the best of luck in his future endeavors. Unfortunately Derrick could not commit to the rigorous touring schedule that Lillian Axe prides itself on to this day.

When Ronny Munroe takes the stage, he has the crowd’s attention. His unique vocal style sets him apart from other singers because he brings something extraordinary to every song. Ronny is an in-your-face performer, consummate professional, innovative lyricist and songwriter who fuses melody with hard hitting rock in a way that will take your breath away.

Lillian Axe founder and guitarist, Steve Blaze says, “We met Ronny in Seattle playing a show together two years ago. My first impression was “damn he’s tall!” After watching him perform, I thought to myself how amazing a vocalist and presence he was. I always keep in the back of my mind great talents when I see them, and Ronny was one of those guys. During the 3 days we spent together in New Orleans rehearsing and getting to know each other, I was amazed how well he fit in as a human being as well as a band mate. The true talent is only half the game; the person is the other. Ronny has it all. Having Ronny as a writing partner and performing partner is something I am very much looking forward to!” 

Bassist Eric Morris agrees, “I am looking forward to what a vocalist like Ronny can bring to the table. I think he will add a whole new element and catapult our music into a brand new fan base as well as satisfy the die-hards.”


Opening for Lillian Axe tonight is a hard rock band from New Orleans called "Farewell to Fear" featuring my good friend Jimmy Adams on drums.  So if you're "down the bayou" tonight be sure to catch them along with Belle Rose, Louisiana's Cauldron.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love It? Hate It? Let us know!