Saturday, April 3, 2010

Justin Townes Earl - Yuma EP (2007)







2007 - Yuma EP    

Genre: Folk, Country
Origin: Nashville, TN
Time: 19:01 min.
File: 34.65 MB (256kbps)



Justin Townes Earle has some pretty big shoes to fill, considering that he shares his name with two of American music’s best songwriters: Townes Van Zandt, and his father, Steve Earle. However, the younger Earle shies away from the musical styles of these two men, creating his own sound that is an amalgam of Depression-Era folk, classic country, pre-War blues, and early rock ‘n’ roll.


Track Listing:


1.  The Ghost Of Virginia
2.  You Can't Leave
3.  Yuma
4.  I Don't Care
5.  Let The Waters Rise
6.  A Desolate Angels Blues


I'm still in Country mode as you can see, I just stumbled across Mr. Earle's music about a year ago and I like it a lot.  I've showed this to a couple of my friends that are also into the more "traditional" style and I got mixed opinions. Most either love it or hate it.  I happen to love it.  If any of you want more,  I have his two full length albums and a couple of live recordings, just let me know.  

Check him out HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love It? Hate It? Let us know!